Accumulating and Protecting Wealth
Our goal is to assist you in understanding the opportunities and potential rewards that are available when you take a proactive approach to your business and personal financial situation.
Our strategy is to create customized financial solutions to handle your two distinct financial phases; the accumulation phase and the preservation phase.
The investment phases
The accumulation phase occurs during your working years. At this time it may be appropriate to:
- Take higher risk while seeking higher returns
- Seek asset growth while working and contributing
- Understand that you may have time to make up for investment mistakes and losses
The preservation phase is when you’re preparing for retirement. During this time it’s important to:
- Realize that you have an unknown time horizon
- Prepare for the possibility of additional and significant life costs, especially future medical expenditures
- Take lower investment risks and contemplate a reduction in spending
- Understand that unlike in the accumulation stage, you probably will not have time to make up for large investment losses in the preservation stage
What about the effects of inflation on my wealth? Fortunately, inflation has been relatively low (under 5.0% since the late 1980’s). However, many remember the late 1970’s and early 1980’s when inflation was running over 10% per year! So, planning for some inflation going forward only makes sense. As an example, if you are 65 years old today and wanted to know how much you’d need in at various ages in the future at just 3.0% inflation to replace $50,000 today:
- At age 75, you’d need $67,200
- At age 85, $90,300 and
- At age 95, you’d need over $121300.
Whether you are in the accumulation or preservation phase of your life, at Business Planning Group, we provide customized financial solutions to help you prepare for your future. If you’d like to learn more about accumulating and protecting your wealth, please download our PDF booklet to the right. If you’d like to discuss your situation, give us a call and let’s discuss how we can assist you during your transition.